When you’re on the hunt for a wedding photographer local to the Pittsburgh area, it can be hard to know where to start. There are so many different types of photographers out there—and so many options can be intimidating for the
So how do you know who’s right for your big day? How do you know if they’ll be able to capture everything that matters to you? How do you know if they’re going to make your wedding day amazing?
Here are some tips from our favorite wedding photographers on how to choose a photographer whose style fits with yours:
1. Research, research, research!
It’s important to do your research when you’re looking for a wedding photographer. You want to make sure you find someone who is experienced and who you feel comfortable with. Here are a few tips on how to research Pittsburgh wedding photographers:
– Look at online reviews: Checking online reviews is a great way to get an idea of what past clients have thought of a photographer’s work.
– Look at their portfolio: A photographer’s portfolio will give you a good idea of their style and what kind of work they’re capable of.
– Ask for recommendations: If you know someone who has recently gotten married, ask them for recommendations. They may be able to point you in the right direction.
2. Schedule a phone call or meeting
It’s always a good idea to have a meeting with your wedding photographer. This gives you a chance to get to know your photographer, discuss your wedding day in detail, and feel if you’re a good fit. During the meeting, you can also share your vision for your wedding day and review the photographer’s portfolio. This will help you to ensure that you are on the same page and that you are comfortable with your photographer’s style.
3. Ask for previous galleries
When choosing a wedding photographer, be sure to ask if you can view a recent and complete wedding gallery or two! This will help give you a vision into how your potential photographer goes about documenting a wedding day. What details they focus on, how they flow through the events of the day, and how they tackle difficult lighting situations. You can really gather a lot about how a photographer operates by seeing a full wedding gallery!