So, you are looking to get pictures done, but you are not sure what to wear? Don’t worry! I’ve got you covered! When you book a session with me, you can get your hands on my style guide, perfectly crafted for the busy mom or the newly engaged couple wanting to look fantastic!
Just a few tips
One of the many tips that I tell everyone before their session is to dress COMFORTABLY! If you are uncomfortable with your wardrobe during your session, it will show through your images. If it’s going to be cold, layer up! It’s easier to shed layers instead of shivering in the cold like a leaf in the wind. If it’s going to be warm, wear something that is breathable so you aren’t sweating like you’ve just eaten a hot pepper! No matter what, your comfort should be held at a higher standard than anything else when it comes to picking your wardrobe for your session.
Here are a few more tips:
– White and khaki’s are a thing of the past
– Solids work the best
– Use your outfits to compliment each other
– If you’re looking to hang these images in your home, keep your living room decor and color scheme in mind so the pictures match
– Avoid whites – beige and off-white works best
– Avoid dark clothing like black, navy, and dark brown – try to keep your outfits light in color!
– For holiday clothing, let your holiday card design carry the holiday colors!
– Start with your children’s clothing, its easier to cater your outfit to compliment theirs!
What to expect from the style guide?
I won’t lay your clothes out for you, but my style guide will help you to decide how to best dress your family, engagement, senior, or any photos!